Sunday, March 9, 2008

SVN r47: Cool new stuff.

R41 was my commit, but sadly, it was just code that I had slightly touched on and was too lazy to go back and try to remember everything about what I was doing.


Now there is r47. This is an excellent and much needed commit. I have fully obsoleted ArenaTest, made Arena work, but a major bug exists that is stumping me right now.

ArenaTest was the old way that the arena was loaded. There were many issues with it, mainly everything was hard coded; not very flexible or pretty.

Arena, oh Arena, thankfully it has come. I have been sitting on this idea for FAR too long. Arena now loads maps from an xml file. When we have more mature item and player classes the features of this new Arena class will extend heavily, look forward to that in the (hopefully) near future.

Sadly though, there currently exists a bug where the loaded player does not get deleted when you leave the Arena. When you leave and re-enter the Arena, the previous player(s) is still there and a new one is drawn.

Keep an eye out, progress is being made,
Justin

No comments: